Mr.Veeramachaneni Ramakrishna Rao is an accountant by profession, but he has gained immense following in the Telugu states, thanks to his popular regime – Veeramachaneni diet chart for weight loss & diabetes.
He claims to have lost around 30 kgs in just 3 months by himself after following a special diet known as KETO diet or Ketogenic diet plan, which is already popular in the western world.
Here is the Detailed Indian Keto Diet Plan, in case if you wanted to know about it.
How Does Veeramachaneni Diet Plan Work?
The VRK diet aka Keto diet suggests eating high-fat, moderate protein and low carb foods.
And, when you deprive your body of carbs, which are the main source of energy for the body, it then uses the stored fat in the body to meet its energy needs, thereby allowing you to lose weight superfast.
He used to weigh about 123 kg earlier and have tried different diets and exercises to lose weight but failed miserably. Later, he followed the keto diet, by consuming 70-100 gms of fat, 3 lemons, 4 liters of water and 1 multi-vitamin tablet per day.
He also claims that his diet not only helps in losing weight, but also reverses Type 2 diabetes.
The diet plan is divided into 2 types
- Liquid Diet Plan
- Solid Diet Plan
Let us now discuss both the diet plans in detail so that you’ll have a better understanding.
Veeramachaneni Liquid Diet Plan for Weight Loss
Everyone should start with the liquid diet plan first. You can follow this liquid diet for as long as you want or comfortable with.
And, remember that you’ll lose more weight during this period when compared with the solid diet.
- 70 to 100 gms of FAT (Choose any of these – Coconut oil, olive oil, ghee, butter, cheese)
- 3 Lemons
- 4 Liters of Water
- 2 Multi-vitamin tablets
Sample Meal Plan
You can choose any of the suggested oils as a fat source.
VRK sir recommends Coconut oil as it is the best of all.
- Take 500 ml warm water and add 20-30 gms of FAT (oil) and drink it. This should be repeated multiple times in a day until the recommended 70-100 gms fat is consumed.
- You should take 2 multi-vitamin tablets during this diet, one in the morning and another in the evening.
- Try to drink 4 liters of water per day. You can use 2 tbsp of curd per 1 liter of water and 1 lemon for better taste.
You can follow this liquid diet for as long as you’re comfortable and there is no problem in doing so. There are people who did it continuously for 1 month without any health issues.
Veeramachaneni Solid Diet Plan for Weight Loss
Once you completed the liquid diet plan, you can move to eating solid foods that are allowed on the diet. In case, if you’re a vegetarian, you may replace the non-vegetarian foods with vegetarian or vegan alternatives. The diet plan remains the same for every body.
- Start with a glass of lukewarm water with 1 lime juice
- Breakfast: Egg omelette or boiled eggs with vegetables (max 6 eggs allowed per day)
- Mid-Morning Snack: Clear soup (vegetables/chicken/mutton) with any of the recommended fats (I prefer coconut oil). Do take a multi-vitamin tablet.
- Lunch: Vegetable curry or Chicken/Fish/Prawns/Mutton curry with sea salt or rock salt. Cook it with pepper and olive oil.
- Evening Snack: Veg Salad
- Dinner: Soup with fat (make sure you finish your daily target of 70 gms fat per day by this meal)
Along with this, make sure to drink liters of water with 3 lemons per day.
You can add 2 spoonfuls of curd (yogurt) for taste.
Foods that Allowed on Veeramachaneni Ramakrishna Diet
- Meat (Chicken/Fish/Mutton/Prawns): 250 gms for women and 300 gms for men
- Eggs: 0 to 6 max
- Dairy: Paneer, Tofu (soya paneer)
- In Limits: 1 small tomato, 1 small onion, 1 medium sized carrot
- Vegetables: Ladyfingers, Brinjal, Cabbage, Cauliflower
- Dry Fruits: 10 Almonds, 10 Walnuts, 10 Pistachios
- Seeds: 5 tsp Flax Seeds, 5 tsp Chia seeds
- FAT: Coconut oil, Olive oil, Butter, Ghee, Cheese
- Spices: Ginger-garlic paste, sea salt, chilly, pepper, turmeric and home made masala powder
Foods Not Allowed on Veeramachaneni Ramakrishna Diet
- White rice
- Sugar & sweeteners
- White bread
- Whole wheat
- All fast foods
- All remaining vegetables
- All fruits except strawberries, raspberries and blueberries
Once, you’ve completed Veeramachaneni diet plan and reached your ideal or target weight, you should then continue a healthy eating lifestyle in order to maintain your weight loss results. Else, you’ll regain all your lost weight when you get back to unhealthy eating habits. Hope you understood the scientific logic behind the weight management.